- According to Dr. Anthony Fauci, there is no proof that the new Covid variant Omicron is present in the United States, but anything is possible.
According to America’s top infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, scientists in the United States are actively communicating with their colleagues in South Africa to learn more about Omicron, the new variant of Covid-19.
Reports of the new variant have sparked panic and reintroduced new restrictions around the world. In addition, the variant has been heavily mutated and is thought to be more transmissible than the previous ones.
The White House’s chief medical advisor said five things about the Omicron. First, Fauci was asked about Omcron’s concerns and whether it had already spread to the United States.
- There are concerns about increased transmissibility and the possibility of immune deception. We don’t know for certain right now. This is a very active situation.
- The variant appears to be spreading at a reasonable rate, as when they do test positive, it seems to be more widespread than previously thought. It is moving in a fluid motion.
- Anything is possible. There is no data that the new variant exists in the United States. The spread of the variant from South Africa to Hong Kong involves a significant amount of travel. As a result, we’re attempting to determine the variant’s exact molecular make-up so that we can test for it. And that will take some time.
- When you examine a mutation, it will give you a hint or prediction that it may evade the immune response. So you need to obtain that specific sequence of the virus and put it in a form in the lab where you can test the different antibodies and make a prediction about whether it will evade or prove it. We are currently putting together the material.
- You’re trying to refer to something similar to a warning sign that there might be a problem, but we don’t know. Once we test, we will tell whether it does or does not evade the antibodies that we create, for example, against the virus via a vaccine.
Source: Hindustantimes News